PIC device is an equipment based on a digital camera working with a special software developed by Progelta that perform the control of the Progelta pouring stopper rod (PSD) in order to perform the optimization of the mould filling.
The system satisfies the main conditions for ideal pouring, that we report on:
a. Rapid filling of sprue cup
b. Sprue cup full during the filling time
c. Good final level of sprue cup to end of pouring
d. Reduced sprue cup dimension (volume of metal)
e. Automatic sprue cup indexing (optional)
The PSD can lift up to 500MM; this helps the maintenance operations by allowing rotation out of the pouring spout, freeing the entire area and allowing easier access for the nozzle change.
PSD devices feature
- brushless actuator for fast and precise movement
- easy stopper-nozzle alignment system
- quick stopper rod installation
- Integrated twist system for cleaning nozzle-stopper contact surface
- Integrated nozzle cleaning system
- Integrated cooling system
- can be lifted up to 500mm and rotate >180° to exit the pouring channel